• Aromatherapy Associates, Burberry blush in Earthy, Daisy by Marc Jacobs, Macadamia Deep Repair Masque, Malin and Goetz shampoo and conditioner, Max Factor crème puff blush, Pure Lakes massage and bath oil in Grapefruit and Lemongrass, Sugar Lychee by Fresh, Tarte powder foundation
Having spent the last few weeks trying to use up as much of my skincare stash as possible I thought it would be a good idea to apply the same logic to all my half-finished bath, body, hair and make up products.
Products I’m trying to use up include:
- Aromatherapy Associates Lotion – I prefer to use body creams over lotions so I don’t find this all that moisturising so I wouldn’t buy it again.
- Aromatherapy Associates bath and shower oil in Revive – I love these little oils especially when used alongside my favourite bath soak as it makes my bath extra nourishing so I will definitely buy more of these oils again in the future.
- Pure Lakes massage and bath oil in Grapefruit and Lemongrass – it’s taken me ages to get through this little bottle so while it smells nice I wouldn’t buy it again as it’s not that easy to get the oil out of the bottle.
- Burberry blush in Earthy – I’d forgotten how much I liked this blush and even though I’m desperately trying to finish it up I would buy it again at some point in the future.
- Max Factor crème puff blush in Seductive Pink – I think these Max Factor blushes are really great and up until I bought my Becca blush palette it was one of my most used products. However, having put it to one side and forgotten all about it I’m happy to have found it again and it’s become a regular in my make up bag again.
- Malin and Goetz shampoo and conditioner – considering how expensive this shampoo is the packaging is absolutely dire and every time I use it I end up with letters all over me and the bathroom. I didn’t used to have a problem with this shampoo and conditioner, but the last few times I’ve used it I’ve had an allergic reaction to it so I think I may have to chuck these rather than finish them.
- Macadamia rejuvenating shampoo – I don’t have much to say about this shampoo. It is ok, but pretty unremarkable so I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.
- Macadamia deep repair masque – this is one of my favourite hair masques, which I’d completely forgotten about as it was stuffed away in my beauty cabinet. I love how soft and shiny this leaves my hair so I will totally buy this again.
- Tarte powder foundation – I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation mainly because it’s taken me so long to use up as I’ve never been completely happy with the colour, which I think is one shade too light. I’m a big fan of mineral powder so although I’ll be buying another powder foundation in the future it won’t be this one.
- Daisy by Marc Jacobs – this perfume always reminds me of Canada as I bought it in the airport to take on holiday with me. I love the bottle, but the scent is not one of my favourites so I wouldn’t repurchase it again.
- Sugar Lychee by Fresh – I bought this in one of my favourite shops (Sephora), although I couldn’t say which one as I did visit quite a few times in various cities and while I like the sweet, citrusy scent I’m not sure I would buy it again. I would like to try the lemon sugar scent at some point in the future though.
As well as identifying a few products I wouldn’t buy again the good thing about this project is rediscovering a few old favourites, which I will definitely re-purchase again in future. And of course once all these products have been used up the fun can start again!