I love trying out new eyeshadow palettes, especially if it’s a new brand. However, sometimes I get caught out even when I’ve researched (or tried to research) the product first. The fact that in this instance I couldn’t find any swatches or any decent reviews should have sounded alarm bells, but as the palette was reduced from £28 to £10 and the colours really appealed to me I decided to risk it.
This palette includes the following shades:
- Sable (chocolate)
- Oyster (gold)
- Mulberry (purple/pink)
- Honey (rose gold)
- Khaki (green)
I had planned on giving this a fair run using various brushes and colour combinations, but to be honest I’ve only been able to use it three times. Although the last time I hadn’t even left the house before I wiped it off as it left my eyes sore and it was just a muddy, glittery mess.
I have a long list of why I don’t like this palette, so here goes:
- The packaging is cheap and bulky
- The shadows kick up tons of powder and because the shadows are domed it settles all around the base, which means it gets incredibly messy
- The colour payoff is really poor
- Two of the shadows (Mulberry and Khaki) are far too glittery and the glitter ended up mostly on my face or in my eyes causing a lot of irritation and mess
- When you take all the above into account this palette is overpriced
Will I give this palette another chance? Maybe, maybe not… but judging by my recent experience it probably won’t be anytime soon. What I do know is that while it doesn’t work for me I’m sure someone else will love it and use it more than me. So come Christmas I will have found it a new home and then I’ll be able to create space for something I will use…
What’s been your most disappointing eye palette?