As mentioned in my previous post I made some chocolate and Strawberry cupcakes last weekend but I also wanted to make some biscuits to accompany them. So after having a quick look to see what ingredients I had in I decided to make these lovely little coconut biscuits.
I made these for the first time at college a couple of months back and I was surprised at how quick and easy they were to make. Not to mention how few ingredients are needed.
This recipe is perfect for kids, if you’re not very confident when it comes to baking or if you’re short of time as they can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes.
All you have to do is:
1. Mix together butter, sugar and flour until the ingredients are combined.
2. Divide the mixture into 16 balls using wet hands.
3. Roll them in coconut or rolled oats until they are coated.
4. Lightly grease a baking tray then add all the balls, leaving enough space for them to expand.
5. Lastly press the mixture down in the centre. As you can see how hard you press down can affect the shape.
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
These biscuits would be lovely topped off with some glace cherries or you could add them to the butter and sugar mix so they are part of the biscuit. You could also go down the tropical route and add some lime zest and dried mango. But then that’s the beauty of baking you can be as creative as you like.
If you’d like to give this recipe a go, just type in coconut melting moments in one of the search engines and it should pop up.